family to be safe and healthy
unisim accountancy degree / acca
true happiness
winnie the pooh
dslr-capable digital camera
family trip
trip to england
trip to korea
singtel & scs race against cancer
marathon"Don't kill us with 'TWIT Language', please..." If you are wondering what is a "twit language", well, diis ishh aan exaample 0f twiitss. *Ahem. I seriously don't know how to type out a "twit" word.* =X
It looks so complicated, isn't it? -.-" I had visited a thread* (in Asiasoft Forum) this evening. Gosh, you know what? That threadstarter and another forumer were typing the twit "language". It's really irritating. Disturbing, too. This is not all, the worst part is, the forumer who replied in that particular thread is a male. *dots* My reaction? One word to describe - disgusted. Imagine a male typing a twit language? Eeeeks! That really sounds... =X
No offence, but I seriously hate twits. I mean, why can't one type in proper English? Short forms like u (you), tink (think), sum1 (someone) are okay. (at least they are the "understand-able" words) But twits? =/ iie reaalli ttakee maii hhatss 0ff euu mann. Shucks. I understand that its called "freedom of speech". But at the very least, type in a way where people can understand you easily, and not feeling irritated at the same time. Why waste the time typing out those "extra" letters? Seriously, its all for acting cute and attention-seeking, eh?
Just look at that thread, one can easily see that the threadstarter was actually acting cute. I remember in one of her reply, she typed more than one version of the word "you". These are what I saw: u, eu, euu, uu. *stumped* So you can see what I actually meant? Despite flamings from other forumers regarding her twit language, she's still adamant that there's nothing wrong at all. She even tried to correct the English of the flamers (in which I don't see there's any error at all), when she can't even type properly. -.-" Well, that's alright. What really angered me was she can actually said these (as quoted from her post) "LETS ALL SPEAK BLOKEN ENGRISH". What the..? That's as good as insulting the English language. So much for her "A" grade for her GP.
Since I'm at it, I'm really glad that my friend had actually told me that in order to improve one's English, one should actually type/write the words in full, instead of short forms. I guess, if not for him, I would be typing short forms in my blog right from the start. Still, its better than typing "twit language". His words are (in Chinese) "jin1 yu4 liang2 yan2". That's why, I still remember clearly even after three years. lolx.
*That's the link to that thread, if you want to know.