| Friday, 28 October 2011
I'm deeply shocked and saddened to know that ex-Mediacorp actor, Tan Boon Chong, might be suffering from
acute myelogenous leukemia. I truly understand how his loved ones are feeling right now, because this was what Uncle Peter fell victim to. This is a very serious and urgent thing, especially when the blood bank is low now (FYI, he's type AB - any blood type is suitable for him).
Saw the appeals over Facebook today from Mediacorp-related people. Hopefully there'll be people coming forward to donate the platelets. I mean of course, it's not only for him. But for those who need it as well. Trust me, you'll be doing a great deal to those who are in need of them.
Acute myelogenous leukemia is very serious, with the white blood cells spreading very quickly. And this in turn results in a serious (and accelerated) drop in the red blood cells and platelets. Normal circumstances would be red blood cells more than the white ones. This is one of the very fast cancer killer around.
I've done my part sharing Cruz Teng's appeal on Facebook. Doubt anyone from my list would come forward to help though, won't even share, I reckon. Appealed in Twitter as well, but seems like no one even bothered retweeting, when it's just a click away (and when they can typed so much). Oh well, that just shows how selfish the people are. But nevertheless, at least I helped, in one way or another.
Well, if you are wondering, I'm not being enthusiastic for nothing. It's merely because I truly understand how it feels like (in the position of an-victim's family member) at such point in time. Besides, leukemia is top in the list that I really wanna help.
Hopefully it ain't that serious as I thought. But judging from how they appealed, it really seemed the case as Uncle Peter's. Please bless him alright.
PS. Sorry for the label of others being selfish, but I seriously can't stand those who can just "wait and see what will happen". I mean, it's just using your finger to press on a button. Simple as that, ain't it? Don't blame me; this issue is my utmost concern when it comes to such illnesses.
Labels: 17.01.2011, Illness