that lady.
the rants.

sweet desires.

sweet escapes.
the past is gone.
| Monday, 2 January 2012
13:33

It's true that Xiao Huang Qi sang really well. But I thought, he doesn't make a good teacher. Just look at how other teachers (singers) bring the contestants into the songs. They gave the contestants alot of opportunities to unleash their potential, with the contestants singing more than than the singers themselves. They (the contestants) are the stars of the day. Shouldn't the highlights all be on them?

Out of the six contestants, I've seen three of the performances. Michael Wong and A-lin did really well, especially Michael Wong. However, Xiao Huang Qi seems inferior in comparison. Jay Huang, I thought, sang really well in this song. But he wasn't given much chances. To be honest, Jay Huang was totally "covered over" by Xiao Huang Qi. And even after they finished singing, the attention were all on Xiao Huang Qi, leaving Jay Huang aside as if he's invisible. I mean, come on, it's true Xiao Huang Qi is a great. But give some respect to the contestants, can't they? This is, afterall, their competition.

Undeniably, Jay Huang's one of the contestants I look up to, in this competition. He's got a really nice vocal. And it's true too, that, Jay Huang has been a person with low confidence. But this song is by far the best I've heard of him. I thought it's really such a pity. Nevertheless, hopefully there'll be chances of him releasing an album in the near future - like Wong Jinglun - despite a sixth-placed position.

Labels: , ,