| Sunday, 15 July 2012
Alright.. Back to reality.
Cut short my contract with my dearest Ernst & Young on 18 May 2012 to focus on the UOL Bridging exams at month end. Afterwhich, enjoying my "holiday" period till 12 July 2012. Haa. You might think I'm a serious slacker that I only decided to start work until now. Well, but no.
I've been a slave (okay, too strong a word, I know =X) to education for so long, started work (i.e., internship) unofficially last September which lasted through mid February this year. Rested half a month before going Taiwan for the graduation trip (which, well, sucks to the max). I think I'm "cheapening" myself, lol. A trip out should be for relaxation, isn't it? But I planned the trip so tight and packed with activities that I did not rest much at all. Well, I received a call from Jasmine while I was in Taiwan, informing me that they've gotten approval to extend my stay in EY, which will start the Monday after I'm back from Taiwan.
The flight back home was supposed to land on early Sunday, but due to the very bad weather conditions, our flight got delayed by a horrendous 12 hours. Okay, yes - I was fuming much that moment; will blog more about the experience next time. End up, the flight landed in Singapore at 5pm+ on Sunday. Tired max already, and I had to start work immediately the following day. No rest at all, can. ~_~
And so, I started work on 20 March (supposedly 19 March, but I had that terrible food poisoning again -_-), followed by part-time Bridging classes which started on 18 April. Having to juggle between work and studies right after a no-rest trip is no joke please. Thus, decided to call it quits on 18 May, to concentrate on the Bridging exams.
Then, decided to give myself a well-deserved one-month break before I become a slave to the working society. So, as you can see, it's definitely no excuse for the break alright.
Yup, back to the topic. I started work after a long search, on Thursday. Well, after two days of work, I realised this is actually not what I intended to work. Yes, sad but true. I want to do the real accounts - journalisation and such - please. Not what I currently do in that company. Argh. I hope this contract only last for 6 months, and SF will relocate me to elsewhere - in the central please!
While you're wondering where I'm currently working at.. Yes, it's freaking far, like 1.5 hours' journey - including all waiting time and walking distance. And yes, though I'm alighting at YCK station, but the street name's that freaking place I hate - at AMK. What an irony, ya? Grrrr...!!! When K from SF asked how comfortable I am with the locations during the first interview, I only told her not the east please - but I forgot to tell her I don't wanna work in AMK! Damnnnnn... Okay, I only have myself to blame. -_-
Anyway, was walking to the bus stop after work that day, and a sudden thought struck - how nice if we're still together.. because it's so near to his place that I could probably drop by occasionally after work. lol. Yes, I'm crazy. Seriously. I didn't know how this thought could even strike in the first place.
By the way, the location of the company is such that there's not much variety of food to choose from, no shopping centre around. If want more varieties, gotta take bus out to the (YCK) central. Oh, and you know what? The thought of going to the central makes me sian to the max can. Because all I could remember of the food there, was that curry chicken mee at the coffee shop (whatever you call that).
Arghhhh.. Damnnnn.. Why did you have to bring me there? And why, why do I even keep those memories? I mean, it's not that I want to keep those memories, but I just can't erase them away. Argh. I hate this. I really do.
Am lazy to check any possible grammatical errors today. :( Shall do it tomorrow, or soon.
Labels: Holiday, Past, Work