| Monday, 23 March 2015
Was praying earlier on when I saw some old videos of Mr Lee Kuan Yew on the television. Was thinking then, "why did they suddenly telecast such videos, early in the morning? Mr Lee is still fine."
Then, as I walked back to my room after washing up, I see a very solemn news presenter. She announced, "we will be bringing news update of the passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew." That was when I got to know of this very saddening news.. My heart, literally sank. He's gone.. He's really gone..
He spent his whole life building Singapore. A better Singapore. And now, the burden's off him. Mr Lee, today, Singapore has lost a great leader. But you're at last being relieved of all these matters. You're now up there with your beloved wife. It's finally time to have a good rest after these 52 years of contributions.
您的一生,都奉献给了新加坡。若不是你,新加坡你可能变成今天这个繁华都市。我很庆幸我能生长在这个这么安全,又廉洁的家园。因为您的远见,新加坡才能有这样的成就。谢谢您。请安息吧。
If it weren't because of Mr Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore would not have become what it is today. Mr Lee, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart, for all you've done for Singapore.
Rest in peace, 国父!
#ThankYouLeeKuanYew
#TributeToLKY
#RIPLeeKuanYew
Labels: Feelings, Singapore